This adds a bit of vitamin to the normal Bird’s Nests by adding some spinach.
- Cooking spray (or use coconut oil to rub the muffin pan
- 12 slices of regular cut bacon (not too thick or thin) partially cooked – you don’t want it crispy – kinda floppy
- 12 large eggs
- shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup of spinach, chopped
- chives, chopped (I have a chive plant so I can just snip some off when I need it)
Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Use the cooking spray to coat a 12 cup muffin tin. Cut the bacon in half and crisscross it the cup. Using a fork beat a small egg then add a large pinch of chopped spinach. Pour into a muffin cup with no egg in it. Repeat 11 more times.
Wash your hands with warm and soapy water. Dry them.
Now you can handle the cheese. Sprinkle the tops of each egg cup with a large pinch of cheese and then add a bit of chive.
Bake for 25 minutes. Give them a few minutes when they come out and use a fork (and oven mitt for the other hand) to remove them from the muffin pan.
I recommend you put water into the pan immediately and wash as soon as you can without burning yourself.